The preferred method of registration for Grace Art Camp summer sessions is through our on-line registration platform with ActiveNet. Be sure to review tips we have shared before registering.
For Summer 2021 Session Dates, click here.
Precautions for Summer 2021
While Grace Art Camp is many weeks away, holding camp safely for all is our top priority. With a smaller camp footprint, we are planning for stable cohort color groups of 12 or fewer campers, set directional 3-studio rotations per day, and five outdoor studios including a very large, tented and floating floor outdoor gathering space in a section of our parking lot. For indoor studios, we will have continual air movement with virus level (MERV13) air filtration throughout the campus. All windows will be open and constant cleaning will be deployed. Camp will include mask wearing by all, social distancing as much as possible, mindful hand washing, and outdoor-only (mask wearing) singing. Split lunch rotation (outdoor as much as possible), and socially distanced recess planning and more are in the works.
We closely monitor recommendations from the CDC, OHA, ODE and American Camp Association, paying special attention to guidelines for camps and schools. Grace Institute is fortunate to have the oversight of a Portland Community College safety compliance officer, who assists in implementing complex health department rules into best practices to ensure the safest possible environment for our campers and staff. In addition, we continually consult with current elementary school teachers, OHSU medical staff, and other healthcare professionals. Our year-round and seasonal staff are all slated to be fully vaccinated for a safe, joyful, and creative Grace Art Camp this summer!
If You Transferred from 2020
You do not need to re-register on March 1. If you transferred — you are in for 2021!
You may have change weeks, space allowing, and we are asking that you verify and update grade levels, medical information, and all necessary authorizations. Please note, we have also transferred current 6th Graders from the school year 2019-2020, even though they may be in 7th grade and 13-years old during camp in this coming summer.
If you do not remember your registration status (after this last hectic year) simply contact the Registrar at Mariannk@grace-institute.org
To Register for Grace Art Camp 2021 click HERE.
Tips for Registering Online
for New and Returning Campers
- Start on page 1 at Session Selection by choosing your preferred week of camp in the left-hand column under SESSION TYPE.
- Once you have the week, choose the camper’s current grade level — this space will be reserved in your cart while you are active on the registration site.
- Note: every time the registration program asks for Grade it refers to the grade your camper is currently attending (2020-2021).
- To register siblings, choose your preferred week (or weeks if siblings are attending different weeks) then select the sibling’s grade levels – all siblings’ spaces will be reserved while you are finishing registration. If you have twins, after entering the grade level you can increase the quantity to 2 in your CART – the upper right-hand box.
- Do not be discouraged if you end up registering on a Waitlist! This is a unique year — we anticipate more families changing weeks as their plans change. If the week you have selected is full, chose another week OR select the WAITLIST option and complete a brief waitlist registration. There is no deposit required for the Waitlist option. Once notified of an opening, families must complete the rest of the registration and submit payment within 3 business days to claim the spot. You may register on a waitlist for a week your preferred week while registering for another week as well — just explain it to us in an email.
- If you are registering for the first time you will need to enter your child’s information first and then the parents’ information.
- Please include the second parent/guardian contact info – this makes Drop-off and Pick-up quicker!
- Register only campers for whom you are the LEGAL parent or guardian.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE STILL AVAILABLE
Especially for Scholarship Applicants
Knowing that 2020 has been financially difficult for many families, we are designating approximately ten percent of our Grace Art Camp spots for scholarship recipients. If you have been adversely affected by COVID-19, please get in touch so we can help! We have always considered “extenuating circumstances” in awarding scholarships, and any consequences affecting our Grace Art Camp families due to the pandemic and economic downturn will be given serious consideration. Contact our Business Manager, Annie Rimmer-Weeks, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you transferred to 2021 as a scholarship applicant, you will be asked to update your application form. You do not need to pay an additional fee.
- If you transferred and have already paid for a full tuition place in camp for 2021 and your financial circumstances changed in 2020, you may apply for a full or partial scholarship.
Tips for Registering as a New Scholarship Applicant
- Register online as a scholarship applicant (not by grade) located at the bottom of the SESSION LIST (grade selection) of the middle column. To register siblings as scholarship applicants, click “add” and adjust the total in your CART in the upper right column. There is a $30 fee for each scholarship applicant.
- Click here for the scholarship form and instructions. A reserved number of full and partial camp scholarships are awarded to families at 1 to 3 times the federal poverty level or less.
- We also offer financial assistance to families with extenuating circumstances. If you do not think you qualify for a scholarship, but need a payment plan, register as a scholarship applicant and contact our Business Manager at email@example.com.
- For more general camp information see Art Camps and Info for Parents.
Tuition, Hours and Dates
- Tuition: $375.00 (Includes camp T-shirt, art supplies and morning snack. Campers bring sack lunch and water bottle. We are a nut-free camp).
- Camp Hours: M – F, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
(Gate opens at 8:45 am. Campers bring their own nut-free sack lunch and water bottle – morning snack is provided).
- Extended Hours: M – F, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm ($95/week or $10.00/hour — whichever is less). Please reserve when registering. You may also email the Business Manager with your name, your child’s full name, age, and Week of Camp at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To be placed on the Electronic Waitlist, please refer to “Tips for Registering” above.
- To request a paper registration form, please email the Registrar at email@example.com
Cancellation and Refund Policy 2021 – 2022 – If parents/guardians need to cancel their camp session/s, a full tuition refund, minus a $30 administration fee, can be made if parents/guardians notify Grace Art Camp on or before May 21, 2021. We are sorry, we cannot make refunds after May 21, for individual days not attended, or for an officially ordered closure of any kind. In the unlikely case of an ordered closure, we can offer a full donation tax receipt, or we can transfer your tuition as a credit to Grace Art Camp 2022 with guaranteed placement. Thank you for your understanding.
In order to offer the opportunity to experience Grace Art Camp to as many children as possible, campers may enroll and attend a single week-long session of camp, however this year campers may also attend the 3-day Bonus Camp July 6 – 8! This camp is a smaller, quieter version of the week-long camp and will follow our smaller 3-day camp structure.
These links below have more information: