The preferred method of registration for Grace Art Camp summer sessions is through our on-line registration platform with ActiveNet. Be sure to review tips we have shared before registering.
For Summer 2021 Session Dates, click here.
Precautions for Summer 2021
While Grace Art Camp is several months away, we continue to closely monitor changing recommendations from both the CDC, OHA and ODE, paying special attention to guidelines for the re-opening of camps and schools. Grace Institute is fortunate to have the guidance of a safety compliance officer for Portland Community College campuses, who helps us translate health department rules into best practices to ensure the safety of our campers, their families, and our staff. In addition, we continue consultation with a public health RN that knows our camp very well, current PPS elementary school teachers, OHSU medical staff, and other industry professionals.
We cannot say exactly what Grace Art Camp will look like this far ahead, but we promise you that our commitment to holding camp safely for all is our highest priority. With the increasing availability of vaccines, we remain optimistic for a joyful and creative Grace Art Camp this summer.
If You Transferred from 2020
You do not need to re-register on March 1. If you transferred — you are in for 2021!
There will be a period in early February 2021 during which you will have the opportunity to change weeks and to verify and update grade levels, medical information, and all necessary authorizations, all of which must be completed before March 1. Please note, we have also transferred current 6th Graders from the school year 2019-2020, even though they may be in 7th grade and 13-years old during camp in this coming summer.
If you do not remember your registration status (after this hectic year) simply contact the Registrar at Mariannk@grace-institute.org
To Register for Grace Art Camp 2021 click here.
(This link will be live at 8:00 am on March 1, 2021.)
Tips for Registering Online for New Campers
- Start on page 1 at Session Selection by choosing your preferred week of camp in the left-hand column under SESSION TYPE.
- Once you have the week, choose the camper’s current grade level — this space will be reserved in your cart while you are active on the registration site.
- Note: every time the registration program asks for Grade it refers to the grade your camper is currently attending (2020-2021).
- To register siblings, choose your preferred week (or weeks if siblings are attending different weeks) then select the sibling’s grade levels – all siblings’ spaces will be reserved while you are finishing registration. If you have twins, after entering the grade level you can increase the quantity to 2 in your CART – the upper right-hand box.
- NEW: If the week you have selected is full, chose another week OR select the WAITLIST option and complete a brief waitlist registration. There is no deposit required for the Waitlist option. Once notified of an opening, families must complete the rest of the registration and submit payment within 3 business days to claim the spot.
- If you are registering for the first time you will need to enter your child’s information first and then the parents’ information.
- Please include the second parent/guardian contact info – this makes Drop-off and Pick-up quicker!
- Register only campers for whom you are the LEGAL parent or guardian.
Especially for Scholarship Applicants
Knowing that 2020 has been financially difficult for many families, we are designating approximately ten percent of our Grace Art Camp spots for scholarship recipients. If you have been adversely affected by COVID-19, please get in touch so we can help! We have always considered “extenuating circumstances” in awarding scholarships, and any consequences affecting our Grace Art Camp families due to the pandemic and economic downturn will be given serious consideration. Contact our Business Manager, Annie Rimmer-Weeks, at email@example.com.
- If you transferred to 2021 as a scholarship applicant, you will be asked to update your application form. You do not need to pay an additional fee.
- If you transferred and have already paid for a full tuition place in camp for 2021 and your financial circumstances changed in 2020, you may apply for a full or partial scholarship.
Tips for Registering as a New Scholarship Applicant
- Register online as a scholarship applicant (not by grade) located at the bottom of the SESSION LIST (grade selection) of the middle column. To register siblings as scholarship applicants, click “add” and adjust the total in your CART in the upper right column. There is a $30 fee for each scholarship applicant.
- Click here for the scholarship form and instructions. A reserved number of full and partial camp scholarships are awarded to families at 1 to 3 times the federal poverty level or less.
- We also offer financial assistance to families with extenuating circumstances. If you do not think you qualify for a scholarship, but need a payment plan, register as a scholarship applicant and contact our Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more general camp information see Art Camps and Info for Parents.
Tuition, Hours and Dates
- Tuition: $375.00 (Includes camp T-shirt, art supplies and morning snack. Campers bring sack lunch and water bottle. We are a nut-free camp).
- Camp Hours: M – F, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
(Gate opens at 8:45 am. Campers bring their own nut-free sack lunch and water bottle – morning snack is provided).
- Extended Hours: M – F, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm ($95/week or $10.00/hour — whichever is less). Please reserve when registering. You may also email the Business Manager with your name, your child’s full name, age, and Week of Camp at: email@example.com.
- To be placed on the Electronic Waitlist, please refer to “Tips for Registering” above.
- To request a paper registration form, please email the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see Grace Art Camp 2021 for a description of this summer’s cultural focus and story descriptions.
In order to offer the opportunity to experience Grace Art Camp to as many children as possible, campers may enroll and attend a single week-long session of camp, however this year campers may also attend the 3-day Bonus Camp July 6 – 8! This camp is a smaller, quieter version of the week-long camp and will follow our smaller 3-day camp structure.